Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Comcast, On Demand, I'll Miss You...


I watch a lot of television. A Lot. Double Underline, Bold, All Caps, Scarlet Red - A Lot.

Here's my short list...Heroes, Lie to Me, Life, Housewives of Atlanta, Grey's Anatomy, CSI (Vegas, Miami, New York), Law & Order (just the original), Oprah on Fridays, Drop Dead Diva, South Park, Family Guy, Project Runway, The Hills, The City, Numbers, Inside the Actors Studio...

Just to name a few. Hence my glorious, lovely DVR.

Four the past 4 years, only my girlfriends knew of my television habit, because we occasionally dish about our shows. But as my boyfriend and I are getting ready for the Big Move, he's is starting to become aware, and comment, and judge.

This is my first sacrifice. Not TV, but Comcast. I love that I have the DVR. I love that I can troll the On Demand menu for shows that I missed, because you can only DVR so much. I love the free movies, the Starz Early Premieres. I love Fear Channel. I love Adult Swim and Bridezilla. I love Animal Planet and History Channel. And I know that all of these are offered by Direct TV, but I like to watch it as the mood strikes - only Comcast allows this.

Today I called to cancel my Comcast. I was expected to commiserate with the customer service person about how horrible it is that I'm moving to a Direct TV household. I was even hoping to receive an offer to buy us out of the last few months of that contract so that I can bring Comcast with me. What did I get? "Good luck with the move." That's it! I know that's nice. Comcast isn't obligated to offer me anything. Or ARE they? I've been a loyal company since before they were Comcast. I love love love On Demand. I want to stay!

Dammit.

2 comments:

  1. I will reach out to my contacts and see what we can do. We would of course like for you to stay as Comcast customer at your new place. Send us an email at the address below. Please provide the phone number on your Comcast account and include a link to this page.

    Mark Casem
    Comcast Corp.
    National Customer Operations
    We_Can_Help@cable.comcast.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for responding to my blog post. I've been in the midst of my move to Direct TV land (sad smile) and just found time to catch up with my social networking. What a wonderful example of customer service.

    Kimberly

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment!