Saturday, October 24, 2009

I want my Comcast...

I'm sitting here on a quiet, peaceful Saturday morning in my house (wondering where the cats took off too) and I just heard a commercial (listening to the radio). In this uncertain economy, when so many people are concerned about their finances, what does Comcast do? They raise their customers rates. That's about the gist of what was said.

I called Comcast last month when I first heard that rates would go up and the customer service agent went over my account line by line to show me where I'd see increases. It amounted to a couple bucks a month. This is just one example of the fantastic customer service I've always received from Comcast. I've been a customer for eons, moving from place to place, always taking my receivers with me, which reminds me, I need to drop them off next week. Don't let the commercials fool you.

Direct TV is in the house adding a new DVR receiver and upgrading our system. I'm not sure what that last part means except that it won't cost anything extra.

I can't help but feel a little out of sorts. I know it's ridiculous to love television so much and I know that I watch entire too much. I miss The Daily Show and South Park. I didn't get to see Grey's Anatomy, Hereos, or the Dollhouse this week. I have no idea what's happening with the Real Housewives of Atlanta and I missed Lie to Me and all of my CSI shows.

If I had Comcast, some of these are on the On Demand menu. The week with television hasn't been too bad. I'm completely unpacked, I've been able to catch up with my social networking, I have a pile of books to read, and I've rediscovered radio. All in all, a good week and the boyfriend has agreed that Comcast can come back once his contract runs out or when we move to our new home, whichever comes faster.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment!