Saturday, August 8, 2009

Cohabitation without Marriage

One question that I get often, from men and women (the men surprise me) is if we're getting married. And the answer is a resound NO. Granted, I guess it's not completely off the table, maybe we'll get the bug one day and drive to Idaho and do the deed and come home. But there's no rush because...
  1. We've both already done the marriage dance and it didn't work out. It's not that either of are anti-marriage, it's just that there's not a lot that the formalities of a wedding and marriage will provide that we don't already have. There some stuff, but we're so great now so why change.


  2. I absolutely abhor weddings. I don't like the drama that surrounds them, I don't like being the center of attention (I know, for those of you who know me, this has GOT to be a shocking revelation), and they just cost too much for what you get.


  3. I don't know many people who are happily married. Whenever I try to think of a couple, Heidee and Greg are the only two who pop up for me. I'm certain that there are more, but they're just not coming to mind as I type.

There are more reasons, but then it just becomes a situation of protesting too much.


I think the only thing that I'm disappointed about is missing out on the jewelry and the gifts. Granted, we pretty much have everything, but a handful of gift cards always perk up a day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment!