Sunday, August 30, 2009

Real estate agents & miscommunication


The dream house that I loved so much, the most recent one, has been sold. It's been under contract for nearly 2 months. So when an agent met us so that we could tour the house, it had already been sold to someone else. And for a fantastic price (because it's bank owned).


I'm astounded that one real estate agent was so clueless about the status of the home and that the agent that broke the news to us was so sarcastic and rude about it. "Didn't you notice that there wasn't a sign in front of the house?" Yes, Lady, I did notice. The other agent told us it was because the bank had taken it off the market and was planning to re-list it in a month.


I finally told my boyfriend that I can't look for houses with him anymore. This has always been my stance, because we can't do anything until at least one of our places sell, so why get our hopes up. But his motto is "forewarned is forearmed."


We're having a stand still right now. Not a fight, just silence. I'm exhausted from all of this and we haven't even gotten started yet. What's most interesting is that we're really learning a lot about ourselves and each other.


My boyfriend wants to talk things out over and over and to everyone. I just like to take things one step at a time, focusing most of my attention on the current moment.


My boyfriend wants to be prepared for all possibilities; I don't think that is possible, because the possibilities are endless.


At least we respect our differences and even appreciate them (sometimes). But it's unnerving and I love the peace of my place. Oh well. I think I should go to the beach today.


Stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment!