Saturday, August 8, 2009

A new day, a new blog...


I've been blogging about my business with random stuff thrown in here and there for a bit now, because it's been a big part of my world lately. Now I'm moving in with my boyfriend. Fingers crossed that I won't get a cease and desist from the "for dummies" group, but I did a search and the name didn't come up.


My boyfriend and I have been dating for 4 years. Our anniversary was actually last week sometime, but we didn't know which day to pick and I like sevens so it became August 7th (yesterday). We met on Match.com. I signed up for a free 30 day trial and got lucky in a week. He contacted me and we chatted, had our first date at TGI Fridays in Kirkland, WA and four years later, here we're house hunting.


We've actually been looking for a house for a while. That's how I ended up in Everett two years ago; it started with our first foray into house hunting (this is attempt number 4). What's the difference this time? Prepare yourself, not very romantic, but my boyfriend is finished with his house, both emotionally and with the remodel. His house looks fantastic, but he's been working on it for years (our entire relationship) and he kicked it into high gear this past year finishing his kitchen, remodeling two bathrooms and the laundry room, and redoing the landscaping.


Both of our homes are on the market and although he's trying to be realistic, I'm just excited and confident that our places are going to sell in now time, because we priced them right! The strange thing is going from having at least 2 showings a day on my first place 2 years ago to 2 showings a week in this real estate market. But at least people are showing up!


So the point of my new blog is document my foray into cohabitation. I'm absolutely excited and a tad bit freaked out about living with my boyfriend. I love him dearly he's amazing, but I'll have to live with a boy and his son (part time), but I get a dog!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment!