Thursday, August 20, 2009

When you don't see eye to eye...


Granted, my boyfriend and I don't fight. It's a shocker to a lot of people, but we just don't fight. During the rare times when my feminine sensibilities (called PMS) come into play, I usually take myself out of play. When he's being obnoxious, he usually takes himself out of play. We're good at reading ourselves and each other and we adjust accordingly.


However, there are those moments when things just escalate pretty quickly and we have to go to our separate corners. The thing that will suck about living together is that when we don't see eye to eye we can't just get off the phone. This is a scary thought. Right now, our separate corners exist in two different cities, 12 miles apart. We can shut off our phone and we're basically shut off from each other. We have time to cool down, relax, and the re-approach from a much better place.


What the heck are we going to do when we're under the same roof? Draw battle lines, go to opposite ends of the house and pretend that we're alone?


I'm certain that they're a way to maneuver through this and I guess we'll figure it out when that day comes. Until then, we'll just appreciate those 12 miles.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment!