Saturday, August 8, 2009

What does the Bible say...


I've been baptised twice times. When I was a baby, so that if died I wouldn't be sent to purgatory, and when I was twelve, because I was seen as old enough to chose (although it wasn't really posed that way at the time). So yes, I believe in God, Jesus, all the saints. I believe in the Virgin birth and the Resurrection.

I also believe that God didn't create all of this only to have us be miserable. I believe that He wants us to be happy and that the biggest slap in the face to this gift would be to spend our lives making ourselves and others miserable. I believe that God only wants us to be decent to each other, to love each other, to respect each other. My favorite quote on this topic is from The Color Purple. "I think it pisses God off if you walk by the color purple in a field somewhere and don't notice it."

I don't believe that God cares if I get married or not. I think He has bigger fish to fry then my refusal to buy into a sham created by society that just pressures people into taking their relationships to a level that when they're not ready; hence the divorce rate!

I'm happy to note that my very religious family has no problem with our proposed living situation; they just want me to be happy and I love that. My boyfriend's family isn't particularly religious. His ex-wife is (very) and I'm happy to know that so far she doesn't believe that our living situation isn't going to negatively impact her child. So looks like we're good on all fronts!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment!